Fit Volvo S40 Brake Pads Article
2003 Volvo S40 Rear Brake Pads Service and Repair - Download ...
This Volvo service and repair removal and installation guide is provided for your 2003 year of Volvo S40 Series which will show in details about rear brake pads service and repair guide. The guide is available in 7 pages completed with details instruction and image illustration. For further details, please check out this content snippet below for 2003 Volvo S40 Rear Brake Pads Service and Repair :
Removing 2003 Volvo S40 rear brake pads, replace the brake pads when the minimum thickness is 2 mm. Try to remove the hub cap and the wheel, the retaining clip and the brake hose from the support, the upper bolt from the locating pin for the brake caliper. Clean brake pad contact surfaces in the brake caliper and on the caliper mounting. Check the dirt guard for the piston. Replace the dirt guard if it is worn. Recondition the brake caliper if the dirt guard is defective. Check the brake disc surface. Check the lateral runout of the brake disc if the disc is uneven. Replace the brake disc if it is worn or grooved.
- Block the brake caliper against the brake disc. Use special tool 999 5782.
- Turn the plate (A) forward over the shaft and insert the tool
- Install the lugs (B) in the cut-out in the brake piston
- Turn the shaft (C) so that the plate (A) presses against the brake caliper
- Turn the axle (D) to the right and press the piston back while turning the shaft (C) to the right so that the plate (A) is in contact with the brake caliper
- Turn the brake piston back fully and remove the tool.